Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Brighton


I had to take my car in for a little fix as there was a little something wrong with it when I bought it which couldn't be fixed at the time. So instead of driving all the way down to Portslade (which is near Brighton) for an hour and waiting for the car to be fixed - Nick and I decided to leave it overnight and go to Brighton for the evening.

We got in quite early as the Mini dealer needed the car early so the guys could fix it. I think we checked into the hotel at about 11ish, dumped our things and wandered into town for some brunch. After that and some shopping....we headed back to the hotel for a nap (sad I know!).
Later on we got showered and dressed and went back into town for some wandering around, drinking and dinner. We had a few drinks in a nice pub and then wandered around for ages trying to find somewhere to eat. We eventually decided on a little Italian place where we ate the biggest meal I'd had in ages!!!

We took our time but the three appies and two mains that we shared put us both over the edge. Couple that with all of the vodka and wine we had and we were done before midnight!!
We needed to walk off the food so we went down to the water. Nick insisted that we walk on the beach (clearly - how could one go to Brighton and not walk on the beach?!) and then go onto the Pier. I was reminded of all the times we went to Brighton when we were younger to visit my sister who was in boarding school there.....brilliant fun!

We slept for England and got up at 10ish for breakfast. Then it was back to Portslade to pick up the car and journey home. Needless to say neither of us needed to eat much the next day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home