Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Movin' on up...

The Monday following Rachel's wedding, I gave my notice to my current employers, Omega Underwriting. It was difficult not to say anything before but for obvious reasons (half the Omega staff being at the wedding), I thought it best to leave it until the Monday.

I got headhunted by a company called Aegis which is another Lloyd's Syndicate. The job will essentially be the same but there is more room for growth and much more opportunity for me.

It went much better than I ever thought it would. My boss said he thought that might be the case and assumed I would move on sooner or later. Unfortunately I had 3 months notice to give (nothing like the 2 weeks we have back home!) which took me up to the beginning of January. But....luckily for me, I had a few holiday days banked up and I was allowed to take them off the end of my notice period. The result being that my last day at Omega is December 19th, I get just over 2 weeks off and start at Aegis on January 5th!! Brilliant! Especially as Mom and Dad are here in London for Christmas ;o)

So onwards and upwards as they say....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home